Today, offering the most functional product or being a highly qualified specialist is not enough to be successful. You need to be close to people, have values and views similar to them, and first of all be an interesting expert.
A successful personal brand motivates consumers to buy
Only a loyal audience will understand the peculiarity of your product or service and, as a result, will want to buy something.
Do you want to work according to this scenario, without unpleasant “sniffing” and boring template warmups for everyone? Then build a personal brand. Demonstrate yourself as a person and your unique vision of a business, product or service through it.
What is a personal brand?
There are a large number of definitions of “brand”. We consider the following ones to be the most accurate. The brand is:
- – a set of ideas, opinions, associations, emotions, value characteristics about a product or service in the consumer’s mind; the mental shell of a product or service;
- – the sum of a person’s experience with respect to a company, product or service;
- – a set of perceptions in the consumer’s imagination that cause a desire to possess.
Note that the words “perception” and “association” appear in two definitions at once. This indicates the abstract nature of the brand, which doesn’t relate to any physical and actual characteristics of a specific company, product or service.
It’s important to remember: the brand appeals to our feelings, feelings and emotions.
Why and what are people willing to pay for?
Many of us naively believe that we make a rational purchase decision based solely on the value characteristics of a product or service.
Classical economic theory believes that a person is endowed with infinite computing abilities, constantly analyzes information and can make the best and most profitable decision in any situation.
But a person is not a programmed algorithm. Therefore, the theory of law is not 100%. Of course, in the case of a large purchase, for example, an apartment or a car, we compare many characteristics, try to find the most profitable option, weigh all the pros and cons.
Therefore, in the era of information overload, when we are constantly faced with information fatigue syndrome, it’s important for companies to simply remember and gain a foothold in the consumer’s mind from the first seconds of acquaintance. On an emotional, not a rational level.
For such an emotional “consolidation”, it is necessary to determine the desired positioning and vision of the brand based on its own strategy.
Become your own for the audience, get closer to potential buyers by openly broadcasting personal values, goals and aspirations. This way you will find common ground that will become the basis of an emotional connection with the audience.
During the information saturation, it is a strong emotional connection that will guarantee a long-term loyal relationship, when you, as experts, are also pleasant as a person.
To “unpack” your identity, honestly answer the following questions for yourself:
- What are your strengths? What helped you become who you are.
- What are your life priorities? Think about your principles and views.
- Your growth zones and skills? What you will need to reach a new level.
- What are your goals and aspirations?
- What are your core values? Think about your philosophy of work and life.
- Your achievements and mistakes? Tell yourself about everything, even the smallest successes and failures.
- Was there a turning point in your life? Remember it, think about it.
- How do you relax and spend your free time?
- Do you have hobbies? Which ones? Think about what sides they reveal in you.
Unpacking of the Expert
Show yourself as an expert and a professional in any field. Tell us about your working methods, reveal your approach, demonstrate your experience and business philosophy.
- A personal brand is not just a trend. This is a thread connecting you with the audience. Having it, you can make friends with your client, become like-minded for him. And a friend isn’t ashamed and not afraid to buy something.
- No cross-posting and information garbage. Working with a personal brand doesn’t mean clogging the feed of your subscribers with streams of consciousness and scattered shots of personal life.
- Personal brand – a built-up scheme for demonstrating yourself and your business. Unpacking, thoughtful scenarios for posts and stories, emotional connections, as well as a constant focus on business. Everything will work for sales!
Be yourself while selling. Good luck!